In collaboration with
Get work ready, Earn a living wage, Reach your potential.
LTSB is in its 5th year of partnership with NatWest Group and we are looking for young people who are passionate about data & technology to join a range of apprenticeship opportunities in permanent roles with the bank in 2023.
Roles are available in Edinburgh, London and Manchester
Data & Technology Programme
We are offering places on our three-week interactive Data & Technology programmes where you will receive employability training, interaction with NatWest Group staff and Q&A sessions, gain insight into the culture at NatWest Group and other employers, interview prep work and advice from previous LTSB students on their apprenticeships.
Successful completion of our progamme guarantees you an interview with NatWest Group for a permanent role.
Apprenticeships at NatWest:
- Data Analysts (Level 4/8)
- Software Developer (Level 4)
- Information Communications Technician (Level 3)
- IT & Telecommunications Systems (Level 6/8)
- Dev Ops Engineer (Level 4)
- Cyber Security (Level 8)
LTSB will continue to support successful candidates until roles commence in the autumn, and then for the first year of your career.
On the apprenticeship you’ll study to gain a qualification while putting new skills to use in work, earning a competitive salary, and being supported professionally through the programme.
An apprenticeship with NatWest Group is a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
Dev Ops Engineer
Information Communications Technician & IT & Telecommunications Systems
See below example job descriptions for each apprenticeship.
Dev Ops Engineer
Information Communications Technician &
IT & Telecommunications Systems
This section lists which roles are available in the following locations. To find out what the apprenticeship study programme in your location includes, click the relevant link, but remember to return to this site to apply.
- Software Developer (Level 8)
- Cyber Security L8
- Data Analyst L8
- IT & Telecommunication Systems L6/8
- Software Developer (Level 4)
- Dev Ops Engineer L4
- Information Communications Technician L3
- Digital Marketer Degree L6
- Data Analyst (Level 4)
We are looking for young people aged 16– 24 who are passionate about building a career in digital, data, or software development. You don’t need previous experience, but you do need to show evidence of a genuine interest in the sector.
- 16-24 years old
- Educated at a state school
- Received free school meals and/or require additional support to access careers
For Software Developer and Data Analyst roles (Level 4 in England and Level 8 in Scotland) we are looking for young people who are passionate about digital, technology, data and innovation. If you have experience of coding / programming this would be ideal for the software developer roles. If you have an inquisitive mind and like to solve problems, investigate data / information, work with spreadsheets, etc you may be ideally suited for the data analyst apprenticeship. There is no minimum academic criteria for entry, however Level 3 qualifications (A level / BTEC) in England or Highers in Scotland would be an advantage.
For all the roles, you must be eager to learn and succeed!
These roles are open to people of any background – we are specifically looking for young people who were eligible for free school meals, or from areas of low attainment, or have faced personal disadvantage.
An apprenticeship as part of a full time role with NatWest Group is a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
Apprenticeship opportunities are designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful in the role. There needs to be the potential for the significant development of capabilities and competence during the programme for you to be eligible. You won’t be able to join the programme if you have the same or equivalent qualification, or work experience at a similar level in a similar field. This may include a related apprenticeship, a university degree or a role in which you may have developed similar skills.
We’ll carry out an eligibility check as part of the application process.
Applications are opening soon! If you have registered your interest we will send you an email/text once applications open next year.
Please see details below of what to expect once our applications open.
To apply for a place on our programme please follow these simple steps:
- Carefully choose the role and apprenticeship programme for which you wish to apply.
- Click the relevant button below to complete our application form.
- Please choose your location from the dropdown menu on the application form.
- The application form will ask you certain questions about your background to check your eligibility, and will ask about your qualifications and interest in the role. Please include your predicted / on track grades if you do not have your final grades finalised and have been unable to complete your studies due to Covid-19.
- Please give detail in your answers about why you are interested in the role and why you need LTSB’s support.
- You can expect to receive a follow-up phone call from one of the LTSB Team. This will be to find out more about you and why you want to get into digital, data, or customer service (as appropriate).
- If you are successful we will invite you to an online group assessment which will be the final stage of our recruitment process. Successful candidates will be offered you a place on our programme!
If you have any questions about the application process or roles available, please contact email@example.com