LTSB’s vision is “a world where all young people flourish, regardless of your background.”
LTSB are in its 4th year of partnership with NatWest Group and are looking for young people who are passionate about Customer Service and/or Business Administration to join a range of apprenticeship opportunities in permanent roles with the bank in 2022.
Roles are available in Birmingham, Edinburgh, London, and Manchester.
Customer Service and Business Administration programme
We are offering places on our three-week interactive programme where you will receive employability training, interaction with NatWest Group staff and Q&A sessions, gain insight into the culture at NatWest Group and other employers, interview prep work and advice from previous LTSB students on their apprenticeships. Successful completion of our progamme guarantees you an interview with NatWest Group for a permanent role.
Customer Service Roles
Financial Customer Service roles at NatWest are split into two types: Branch roles and Commercial roles. Branch roles deal with customers face to face while commercial roles deal with corporate customers primarily via email and phone. You will learn about financial products and services such as opening accounts, loans and mortgages.
Examples of roles include;
- Personal Banker
- Onboarding Specialist
- Assistant Relationship Manager
We are looking for young people with a passion for learning and helping customers have the best experience.
Business Administration roles
As a Business Admin apprentice, you will provide business and personal support to senior management within NatWest. You will complete administrative tasks that support events and help coordinate activities, manage your assigned leaders diary and emails, and learn more about how relevant business areas interact with the rest of the organisation. The ability to analyse and prioritise information and attention to detail is key in this role.
Examples of roles include;
- Personal Assistant
- Leadership Support Assistant
LTSB will continue to support successful candidates until roles commence in the autumn, and then for the first year of your career.
On the apprenticeship you’ll study to gain a qualification while putting new skills to use in work, earning a competitive salary, and being supported professionally through the programme.
An apprenticeship with NatWest Group is a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
- Three-week programme delivered online
- Interaction with NatWest Group staff during the programme to give you an insight into the role and the culture of the bank
- Guaranteed interview for the specific role and apprenticeship (for all candidates who complete the programme)
- Salaries for successful candidates:
Senior Financial Customer Service & Business Admin:
- Birmingham – £20,000
- Edinburgh – £20,000
- London – £22,005 – £24,345
- Manchester £20,000
This section lists which roles are available in the following locations. To find out what the apprenticeship study programme in your location includes, click the relevant link, but remember to return to this site to apply.
We are looking for young people aged 16– 24 who are passionate about building a career in customer service and/or business administration. You don’t need previous experience, but you do need to show evidence of a genuine interest in the sector.
- 16-24 years old
- Educated at a state school
- You may have been entitled to Free School Meals or Pupil Premium at some point in your education (English schools)
- For Financial Services Customer Advisor roles and Business Administration roles (Level 3 in England and Level 6 in Scotland) we are looking for young people with a passion for learning and helping customers have the best experience. There is no minimum academic criteria although Maths and English GCSE in England and National 5 qualifications or Foundation Apprenticeships in Scotland would be an advantage
- For all the roles, you must be eager to learn and succeed!
These roles are open to people of any background – we are specifically looking for young people who were eligible for free school meals, or from areas of low educational attainment, or have faced personal disadvantage.
An apprenticeship as part of a full time role with NatWest Group is a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
Apprenticeship opportunities are designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful in the role. There needs to be the potential for the significant development of capabilities and competence during the programme for you to be eligible. You won’t be able to join the programme if you have the same or equivalent qualification, or work experience at a similar level in a similar field. This may include a related apprenticeship, a university degree or a role in which you may have developed similar skills.
We’ll carry out an eligibility check as part of the application process.
To apply for a place on one of our bootcamps, please follow these simple steps:
- Carefully choose the role and apprenticeship programme for which you wish to apply.
- Click the relevant button below to complete our application form.
- Please choose your location from the dropdown menu on the application form.
- The application form will ask you certain questions about your background to check your eligibility, and will ask about your qualifications and interest in the role. Please include your predicted / on track grades if you do not have your final grades finalised and have been unable to complete your studies due to Covid-19.
- Please give a good amount of detail in your answers about why you are interested in the role and why you need LTSB’s support.
- You can expect to receive a follow-up phone call from one of the LTSB Team. This will be to find out more about you and why you want to get into digital, data, or customer service (as appropriate).
- We will support you through an assessment process so that, if successful, you can join the relevant bootcamp in the summer.
Q: Can I take part in LTSB’s programmes and still be eligible for Universal Credit?
A: Please inform your work coach if you are offered a place on an LTSB programme, but yes, in principle you should be able to take part. Please check the table below, which may help your work coach to understand how it works:
|Business & Finance programme||
|NatWest Digital / Customer Advisor programme||